08 December, 2009

MANHUNT; A Good Thing?

So after a strange series of events at my house this evening, some friends and I decided to creep through MANHUNT to find one of our teachers. Apparently, this supposedly straight man has a profile on MH and has been trying to creep on some of our mutual friends. So we were looking around the site, which I have totally used before, not only to hook up but also to network when I was living in London. It is a useful site for both of those purposes, regardless of how sleazy it actually is. So since this came up as a topic, I thought it would be fun to muse about what the site actually is, and what it really accomplishes.

Manhunt might have a negative stigma attached to it, but simply because NSA hookups are looked down upon, among both sexualities. In our post-modernistic society, we should remember that many of these things are relative, or indeed do not exist anywhere but our minds. I think hedonism is healthy, and that the world would probably be a better place if we all indulged just a bit more sexually. Europe is so open sexually, and America should be the same way; manhunt is contributing to this openness, and I like that.

I have a boyfriend, but its still cool to look sometimes, even if you're not tempted.

Sorry this post is so discombobulated, it's been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment