07 December, 2009

Hey Jude, stop being so stupid.

Today, I got my monthly haircut, per usual at Jude's. While waiting in the seriously over-decorated store ( we are talking posters wall to wall, for those of you who have never been) I began to eavesdrop on a conversation:

Stylist: "Like, I think they were from Latvia? or something? You know it's that country near Russia."

Customer: "grunt."

Stylist: " I feel like, maybe, they are, like, conservative?

Customer: "Probably."

It went on for a while, and booo on me, the whole time I just kept thinking about how dumb this girl was and how I really did not want her cutting my hair. I mean, you have to be careful. Some people would argue that you don't have to intelligent to cut hair, I disagree. I think in order to cut hair well, you should have some sort of vision, and I was under the impression this girl seriously lacked any vision at all.

Fast Forward to when she finally got around to cutting my hair, and slowly she begins to appear intelligent. Well, fuck me, I will be damned. This girl can actually talk about what it means to live in another country and of the sentiments of the native people towards Americans. Our conversation centered on England mostly, but we also managed to talk about the French and Italians. I was kicking myself for being such an asshole. AND she made my hair look great.

So the moral of this story is...just because some blonde girl is acting stupid, doesn't always mean she actually is.

Score 1 for Karma, 0 for Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment